aprilia SuperBike.com

aprilia SuperBike.com

Go Back   aprilia SuperBike.com > Aprilia SuperBike.com > New Member Introduction and Information
Forums Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Default Hello from sunny Bristol.

Hello all.
I am a new member having just joined today.
I have owned an RSV4 Factory non APRC since August this year. Getting on really well with the bike. Have covered 3500 miles which includes a trip to the Nurburgring and a track day at Oulton Park.
No probs or issues to date. The bike is fairly standard. I have fitted an Akrapovic slip on, a DB screen and some R+G crash protection plus a pair of Pazzo stubbies.
I wanted to join the forum for a bit of technical support as I like to sort out my own bike when I can. Obviously it will be dealer serviced whilst within warrranty but I carry out additional oil changes every 3 thousand miles and do my own pads, chains and sprockets etc.
I have just put my first set of tyres on the bike, the OE Pirelli Super Corsa SP's having done 3300 miles which I thought was pretty good. I have gone for a pair of Metzeler M5 Interacts which should give a bit more wet weather grip for the winter. My first impression of the Interacts is that they have firmed the ride up a bit too much making the bike a bit of a handfull when riding hard on anything but a perfect surface. Oh well, I will just have to tone it down a bit for a few months until I can put some proper rubber back on.
Overall I really like the bike and I look forward to sharing ideas and information with you.

Cheers for now, Simon.
Links
Old 10-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Great to have you aboard.

I'm presently doing an oil change as I type. Interestingly I was told by a mechanic that if you want the V4 to last we might think about changing the oil at 2000 mile intervals. The reasoning was that the RSV4 has 3 oil pumps and one is dedicated to spraying oil under the piston skirt to help cool them down which needless to say will super heat the oil. Could be true but only an oil analysis will tell for sure and I forgot to grab a sample as it was draining this time.

Attached Thumbnails
img_4359.jpg  
Links