aprilia SuperBike.com

Go Back   aprilia SuperBike.com > Aprilia RSV4 Forums > Aprilia RSV4 Body Forum
Forums Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Default Performance Technology RSV4 Evo3 and EVO2 Lever Review

I've been in love with the Performance Technology EVO3 levers since I first laid eyes on them 2 years ago but my Ducati 1198S had such horrible brakes that I opted to go with the Brembo RCS Master Cylinders and Carbon Fiber brake lines to help with the feel.

With the Aprilia RSV4 the brakes have great feel/modulation so I decided to give the EVO3 brake lever and EVO2 clutch lever a go and I got them here EVO motorcycle levers | No Limits Trading .

Since the RSV4 has a cable actuated clutch the EVO 2 Lever is non adjustable but does offer a lot more comfort and feel over stock, not to mention bling.

Both the EVO2 and EVO3 are folding in case of a wreck. They are both very light and well built. The black anodizing is thick and after 300 miles looks like it will hold up quite well.
The tips are removable and can be extended to make the lever longer and come in four colors.

Now for the Evo3 lever.

There are two adjustments possible on the EVO3 Lever.
Adjustment 1 is reach. The Adjuster is a screw type with a detent about every 1/8 of a turn, so you have a lot of adjustment to get it just how you want it.

The 2nd adjustment and one that really intrigues me is the Ratio adjustment. This too is a screw style adjuster that moves the pivot point of the lever. This changes how much pressure you need to use on the lever (Like the RCS master cylinder) which on the track should actually feel like you have a larger master cylinder thus helping you stop on the track.

I've not yet gotten an opportunity to try this out for myself on the track but like I said it is intriguing and at $344 a pair for the EVO levers compared to $369 for one Brembo RCS if it works like advertised then it's a good deal........not to mention the bling factor, LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
evo3-1.jpg   evo3-2.jpg   evo3-3.jpg   evo3-4.jpg   evo3-5.jpg  

evo3-6.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NLT EVO brake & clutch lever price list rev1c.pdf (770.7 KB, 339 views)
Links