aprilia SuperBike.com

aprilia SuperBike.com

Go Back   aprilia SuperBike.com > Aprilia RSV4 Forums > Aprilia RSV4 General Forum
Forums Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 01:03 AM

Default Aprilia RSV4 Factory seat height

As an owner of the above bike, can someone explain to me why the seat height of the Aprilia is relatively high given it was designed for 5'4" Max Biaggi and is there anyone out there who makes a lower cut seat. I am 5'6" high and my feet are barely half on the floor with bike boots on! Thanks. John.
Links
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately there isn't a shorter seat out yet. Sargent is working on a seat but I believe it's more for touring. Take it down to an upholstery place and tell them what you want. Today with memory foam they don't have to be thick to be comfy. I'm 6' 2" with a 32 inch inseam and I'm also on my toes.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:45 AM
Administrator

I did find a lowering link for the Aprilia RSV4 that will lower the rear for ya. AF1 Racing : Aprilia Parts and Accessories: AF1 Racing Lowering Link For RSV4 - 40mm

Quote:
AF1 Racing Lowering Link For '09-'10 RSV4 Factory, '09-'10 RSV4-R.
The product of track and street testing, this lowering link kit can reduce the height of the saddle by up to 40mm.
The front forks should be lowered 3 lines to maintain correct front to rear attitude.
If you love your RSV4 but wish it was just a little lower and do not want to sacrifice handling, these lowering links are an affordable way to improve your comfort and riding enjoyment.
The links are made from T6061 aluminum with certificate of conformance, so safety is assured.
***Please note: when using these links, take attention to not overload the carrying capacity of your rear shock. (443 lbs).
Old 04-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Thanks for this. I'll take a look. It's a shame since most bikes today have reasonable seat heights; this beautiful machine is an exception. John.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned

i think the comfortable long and wide seat of the new Aprilia RSV4 will offer painless riding experience for the rider and pillion. It is also efficient for long and adventurous rides.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:17 PM

I have lowered mine

Last edited by Petaldust; 11-19-2012 at 06:57 AM..
Links