aprilia SuperBike.com

aprilia SuperBike.com

Go Back   aprilia SuperBike.com > Aprilia RSV4 Forums > Aprilia RSV4 Engine Forum
Forums Members List Calendar
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Default Austin Racing Aprilia RSV4 GP2 Exhaust

There are a number of exhaust on the market for the Aprilia RSV4 but I decided to go with the Austin Racing GP2 GP2 SLIP-ONS & FULL EXHAUST SYSTEMS - austinracing .

Other then the fact that it looks nice with the small can I bought it for the ability to change inserts to raise and lower the Decible Level since so many tracks that use to be out in the country are now surrounded by the Suburbs and have a Max allowable DB level to be able to run.

With the GP2 you not only are able to change out the DB killer in the can but also the insert in the link pipe to meet track sound level requirements. You also remove about 12LBS from the right side of the bike.

You will need to replace your ECU with an Aprilia Race ECU since there is a lean condition at certain RPM's but this should be done with any after market exhaust you install on your RSV4.

Attached Thumbnails
ar1.jpg   ar2.jpg   ar3.jpg   ar5.jpg   ar6.jpg  

ar7.jpg  
Links
Old 03-21-2012, 10:22 AM

This lean condition you speak of, would it cause some bad ass backfires at about 6-7k rpm? or is that a simple matter of putting my dam inserts back in for a little backpressure.
The ecu is coming and AR22 and pcv waiting on install, I just couldnt resist a couple rides before tare down.
Links